Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Coco Tei, the descendant of Hajime.

A few months back, I drove to Hajime for dinner but was upset to see its bungalow abandoned.
My favourite spot for Japanese food had gone missing.


Luckily, Google helped me out which led me to Coco Tei.
It is located next to my supplier for breads and pastries, Levain.
Apparently, Hajime closed down and is reincarnated into Coco Tei.

Ohyesss, I rejoiced with happiness.


We sat near the counter as my dad doesn't like taking his shoes off.


The restaurant was full after half an hour, even the bar section!
Luckily we arrived earlier, if not we would have to wait for our table.


The interior was pretty good, slightly bigger than Hajime.
But I prefer Hajime's, the feeling is more cosy and homey.


My dad ordered the Unagi set. One bowl of rice is definitely not enough!
The whole set has Unagi, Miso soup, rice, salmon salad & pickles.


Craving for fish? Then this Sushi Tara set definitely could feed your cravings. The set came with sushi with different types of raw fish, plus a piece of cod fish, salmon salad & Miso soup.
The cod fish is awesome, I had to trade my beef with my sister for more cod fish!
A must try, if you are a fish lover.


I had the Beef Teppanyaki set. The beef was heavenly. The meat was thick and juicy, the texture was perfect. Matched with some fried garlic, splendid! However, it is pretty unusual to match it with fries. The set includes Miso soup, salmon salad, rice and some weird pickles.


The bill total up to about RM170. I considered this fine Japanese dining, quite pricey for a student like me, yet small portion. But the food quality & experience is definitely worth it.

2 comments:

  1. The food looks good! And nice blouse LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :)
    Go try it out whenever you are in KL!
    It's quite pricey so remember to bring your parents along. ;)

    ReplyDelete