Friday, December 7, 2012

Spill

Being a final year student, I am supposed to be freaking out with studies and all.
Instead I am planning what to do after I graduate. 
Taking one whole year of gap year, purely for travelling. 
I would love to go to US again, travel NZ, backpack Europe with mom or go take a diving course, explore a couple of islands. 
I so want to get out of the country! 
I want to do all of this before I start my miserable routinised working life. 
There are people that might judge me as being spoilt, irresponsible, immature. 
It's an Asian thing. But heck, no fuck given. 
There's this set of sequence of life that everyone is expected to follow. 
Everyone is expected to get a degree, get a job, find a spouse, get married, have kids, retire, die. 
This is a routine that I see on everyone, and I hate it. 
Why can't I live against it? 
I have only one life, and I want it to be different from everyone. 
I've been cracking my head on how to escape this.
Some people might think that this is absolutely normal, but I see it as a depressing social norm that I must follow. 
The moment when I graduate, that set of lousy routine is going to start in my life and I can't do anything about it. 
Gap year is just my temporary escape from reality. 
Guess I'll have to accept this crap sooner or later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment